Baked Spinach Rotolo
Our own fabulous California chef Bethany took spinach Flatout flatbreads and rolled them up and baked them, Italian style, for this delicious new twist on flatbread. We #Flatout love it!
2 Flatout Spinach Wraps
2 cups chopped frozen spinach
8 ounces fat free cream cheese or vegan alt.
1 egg white (optional)
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
Parmesan or mozzarella cheese or a combination of the two to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Microwave spinach for 2 minutes, and squeeze out excess water.
3. Mix spinach and cream cheese well (add in egg white if using) and roll into a log.
4. Roll cream cheese log in 2 wraps and cut each wrap into four pieces.
5. Pour 1 cup of marinara in the bottom of baking pan, then place cut rolls in pan, then top with remaining sauce and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with desired amount of cheese, then bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Serve immediately.
Suggested Flatout: Light - Garden Spinach