This weekend we’ll be celebrating one of our favorite summer holidays: the 4th of July!
The picture above is of our very own Flatout Jill, celebrating in style with sparklers. Other members of our team will be celebrating by:
- Taking a trip up north to a cabin for some tubing, boating and other lake activities
- Making a cross country trip to California to soak up some West Coast sun
- Planning a fun, family get together – right in their own backyard!
That last one is what inspired our posts for this week.
Flatout’s very own founder, Stacey Marsh, often entertains guests at her home, whether it’s following a big soccer game or for a big holiday get together. Over the next three days, we’ll be sharing a three-part video series from Stacey to show you various Flatout wrap recipes that come together to create the perfect party platter. They are simple, easy and fresh – sure to delight any crowd!
The first video installment is below – and the recipe calls for hummus and veggies! We hope you enjoy hearing from Stacey and stay tuned for the recipe at the end of this post!
Flatout Hummus & Veggie Wrap
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 multi-grain Flatout wraps (Stacey’s favorite!)
- 1/2 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp. ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp. hummus
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese
- 4 marinated jarred artichokes
- 1 pinch sunflower seeds
Mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Spread a thin layer on the top half of the Flatout wrap. This will make it easier for the wrap to hold together when you roll!
Build the rest of the ingredients at the bottom of the Flatout wrap (as shown by Stacey). When all ingredients are set, pack the Flatout wrap like a sleeping bag – nice and compact – and then roll up with your fingertips. Slice into pinwheels with a serrated knife and spread on a party platter to prepare for serving. You can make it the day of or the night before – whichever is easiest!
We look forward to sharing the next video installment with you. Check back tomorrow!
We’d love to hear your fresh perspective!
- Do you have big plans for the 4th of July weekend?
- Do you enjoy entertaining guests? If so, what are some of your favorite finger foods?
- What is your favorite Flatout wrap?