The final video in this week’s healthy lunch bunch comes from Lara and is aptly titled, “Fun With My Foodie.” We fully support teaching kids how to experience and enjoy all the exquisite flavors that healthy food options have to offer and are thrilled that Lara’s daughter Kaytie shared her passion with us!
I have to tell you that I was over the moon when Flatout contacted me about this project (maybe not so thrilled about the video aspect though, ha ha). You see we’ve been big fans here at Casa DiPaola for a while. I always feel like I’m pulling one over on the kids when they nosh away on Flatout thinking it’s “their” kind of food when it’s really “healthy mom junk.” Score one for mom!
With four kids I’m not only slightly – okay really – frazzled most days but I’m also outnumbered and busy as heck. So how do I find time to blog?
Fast and easy meals using Flatout products help, though I don’t think it’s as much a matter of finding time as it’s an issue of preserving what little sanity I have. Like I say over at “The Nuggets,” blogging is cheaper than therapy. Stop by sometime there’s always room on the couch!
Tuscan Tuna Wrap
- 2 oz Albacore tuna (drained)
- 1 leaf lettuce (your choice)
- 1 tsp roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp low fat shredded Italian cheese mixture (which did NOT make it into the video)
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow lite cheese
- 2-4 grape tomatoes (diced) really any tomato works
- 1 slice of FlatOut Italian Herb bread
- 1 cup instant couscous prepared according to directions and cooled
- 1/4 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1/4 cup raisins (dried cranberries, cherries and/or blueberries work wonderfully too!)
- 1/4 dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Like my aprons? (You’ll see FOUR more!) I support women artisans by shopping on Etsy. The aprons were custom designed to match the personality of each of my kids by Laura Childs of Childs Play Designs. The “Kaytie” themed apron features sneakers, bows, skulls and crossbones…all part of her “vibe.”
We’d love to hear your fresh perspective!
- Do you have a child who is a “foodie” in the making? What do they like to eat?