Hello, Flatout Bread lovers! I’m Suzy; you can usually find me at The Mediterranean Dish where I share simple Mediterranean-style recipes for the busy cook. Excited to share with you a favorite and quick date-night dinner: Mediterranean Shrimp Flatout Pizza with Feta and Shallots!
Just like that we’re well into December! The streets are beautifully studded with lights. Malls are bustling with cheerful (and not-so-cheerful) shoppers. And the familiar sweet smell of comfort (and chocolate) fill the air at local coffee shops. The city is certainly alive with joy!
Like many of you, I am deep in the whirlwind of the holidays! From menu planning; shopping; and mailing packages to attending school concerts; fundraisers; and volunteering–the list goes on.
To escape the holiday hustle–at least for a little bit–my husband and I decided to take a break and do an easy date night in. Keyword: “easy;” who wants to spend too much time in the kitchen?!
Enter: Mediterranean Shrimp Pizza with Flatout pizza crust! It takes like 15 minutes start-to-finish!
It starts with Flatout artisan thin pizza crust, a great time saver! Think of Flatout as your canvas and top it with ingredients you have on hand! In my case, I went for a Mediterranean pizza with things like shrimp, feta, shallots, and sun-dried tomatoes.
I think you deserve a date night in as well! Now, grab a bottle of wine and make this quick pizza. It’s the perfect break from all the busyness. Happy Holidays!
Here is the recipe:
Mediterranean Shrimp Pizza with Feta and Shallots
Recipe created by Suzy Karadsheh, The Mediterranean Dish
- Olive oil
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled, cleaned, and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- ½-1 tsp crushed red pepper, more for later
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves, more for later
- 3 Rustic white Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust (the frozen package includes 6)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat crumbled feta cheese, more to your liking
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato bits
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Add about ¼-½ tsp olive to a skillet; heat stovetop on medium-high. Toss in the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until it turns pink on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Remove from the heat and set aside briefly
- Once your oven is heated, place the frozen crust only directly on the oven rack for 1 min. Remove from the oven and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the warmed pizza crust with olive oil then top with the parmesan, feta cheese and all the remaining toppings except the parsley. Sprinkle with more crushed red peppers and oregano, if you like.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for approximately 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the parsley. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe generously feeds two people for dinner. Simply double it if you plan to serve 4-6 people.