Food blogger Nicole Presley has made the perfect breakfast wrap with our flatbread, blending Californian and Mexican flavors and ingredients. Find her blog at Presley’s Pantry for more beautiful food ideas. Thanks, Nicole!
By Nicole Presley
Alta California Breakfast Wrap
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 poblano chile (roasted, peeled, deseeded, and cut into 1/4 inch strips)
- 5 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1-2 leftover roasted small red potatoes (already cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 3 sprigs of green onion (white part only- chopped)
- 1 Flatout Flatbread
- 1 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 cilantro leaf stems
- 1/3 avocado (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large frying pan over a medium flame add in olive oil and allow to get hot. Add in poblano chile strips, cherry tomato halves, and roasted red potatoes. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl whisk eggs till completely mixed. Pour eggs over sautéed vegetables. Then sprinkle in green onion. Mix to combine. Cook until eggs are firm and cooked to your liking. I usually cook mine for 4 to 5 minutes. Once cooked set to the side for a minute.
Take a Flatout bread and place one slice of pepper jack cheese in the center. Then take half of egg filling and place on top of cheese. Top egg with 2 cilantro leaf stems and half avocado. Salt and pepper as desired. Wrap up Flatout bread and cut in the middle.