Brought to you by mom, wife, and dog rescuer, Telma Garcia, this cactus flatbread wrap is the first of its kind on the Flatout website. Make this easy, cool and crisp cactus wrap when the weather starts getting warm and cactus are at their peak. Read more about Telma and her work here. Thanks, Telma, we can’t wait to make this amazing flatbread wrap!
Flatout Flatbread Cactus Salad Wrap
Developed by: Telma Garcia
Blog name & URL: At The Fire Hydrant / www.atthefirehydrant.com
Yield: Makes 1
Cactus Salad Wrap
- 1 Flatout Flatbead Healthy Grain Harvest Wheat
- 1 cup cactus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheese, Panela or Queso Fresco (optional)
- Lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
In a medium saucepan place water and cactus pieces and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 min. Drain the cactus strips and let cool. In a large mixing bowl add cactus, onions, tomatoes, cilantro. Mix in lime juice and salt to taste. Top with cheese if desired. Scoop a large spoonful of cactus salad into your Flatout Flatbread and roll. Cut in half and enjoy!