Fall is right around the corner and that means it’s time to sharpen our soup games! Make these little pot pie soups, baked in flatbread cups, and serve them up during a football game or after a day of raking leaves. Now where’s that hot cider? #FlatoutFall
Chicken Pot Pie
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 Flatout flatbread wraps
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk of choice
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1, 10 ounce bag of frozen mixed peas and carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Press each Flatout flatbread into standard sized ramekins to create a bowl shape and set aside.
3. In a large pot over medium-high heat add olive oil and the chicken and cook until done (about 5-8 minutes). Transfer cooked chicken into a bowl.
4. Add the celery, onion, flour, and salt to the pot and cook, stirring about 1 minute. Add in 2 cups water, the broth, half-and-half and potatoes. Cover pot with lid, bring to a boil and let simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes.
5. Add the peas and carrots to pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and simmer for 1 minute to allow flavors to infuse together.
6. Pour soup into ramekins with Flatout flatbreads and bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until you see the wraps begin to darken to a golden brown.