Flatout flatbread heads south of the border with talented Bethany’s own recipe for delicious ice cream filled desserts known as chimichangas. They’re flash cooked in healthful coconut oil at the very last minute so you guests can enjoy them crispy and crunchy on the outside, and cold and sweet on the inside. Be generous with the cinnamon and coconut sugar!
Ice Cream Chimichangas
- Flatout wraps of choice
- Vanilla ice cream, vegan or regular
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Coconut sugar
1. Scoop 1/2 cup of ice cream onto each wrap, and roll up tightly.
2. Line each in a 8″ x 8″ brownie pan (or whatever you got!) so that they are tightly lined up.
3. Freeze them overnight (you want them to be rock solid)
4. Heat a deep skillet pan on high with a generous amount of coconut oil. Once you hear oil “cracking” in the pan, place each wrap in pan for a few second, rotating them until all sides are golden brown.
5. Remove from pan and immediately dust each wrap with cinnamon and coconut sugar to taste. Serve immediately.