This recipe is based on a traditional ploughman’s, or farmer’s lunch, served at any Irish pub. This flatbread wrap goes great with your favorite Irish stout!
- 1 Flatout Flatbread
- 1 link traditional Irish sausage (banger), cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato chutney
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2-3 cornichons, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Pour olive oil in a small bowl and whisk in cider vinegar a little at a time until emulsified. Add mustard, season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the romaine lettuce in this vinaigrette.
Then, beginning at rounded end of Flatout flatbread, layer sausage, cheese, cornichons, and romaine lettuce. Spoon tomato chutney over, then roll up and cut in half.